[UPDATED: Jan. 2023]
What Exactly is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a plant that is sometimes called Indian ginseng or winter cherry because its roots have a similar appearance to those of the common ginseng root but are smaller in size. The ashwagandha plant is a member of the ginger family and it can be found in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Thailand. The word “ashwa” means horse while “gandha” means smell.
Ashwagandha like fulvic acid in shilajit has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 3,000 years.
What Can Ashwagandha Help With?
Some of the claimed benefits of Ashwagandha are:
- Helps with sleep disorders
- Helps with anxiety
- Helps with depression
- Improves immunity
- Improves memory and cognition
- Reduces stress levels
Different Types of Ashawagandha Supplements
There are many different types of ashawagandha supplements that you can buy online. These supplements come in different forms such as capsules, tablets, powders or tinctures. Most supplements also come with different concentrations so you can choose which one will work best for you.
What is Fulvic Acid?
Like ashwagandha, fulvic acid as used in shilajit is a popular Ayurvedic medicine in use for thousands of years. Unlike ashwagandha, which is a root. Fulvic acid in simplest terms is a a naturally occurring compound found in soil, peat, coal, and bodies of water such as streams or lakes. Fulvic acid is created when plants and animals decompose over millennia.
Benefits of Fulvic Acid
While certain benefits of ashwagandha are similar to fulvic acid, fulvic acid has a few more features over it.
Here are 12 Benefits of Fulvic Acid:
- Increases energy and reduces fatigue
- Strengthens immunity
- increases cognitive function and decreases the risk of age-related cognitive diseases
- Increases nutrient and supplement absorption
- May help with high blood sugar, diabetes and obesity
- Lowers free-radical damage and acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Supports a healthy gut and microbiome
- Improves muscle function and increases testosterone
- naturally detoxifies and chelates heavy metals
- Helps to decrease inflammation
- May slow down aging and increase longevity
- Protects and repairs skin
Supplmentation With Ashwagandha and Fulvic Acid
Ashwagandha typically come in capsule form. Look for supplements that contain the whole herb rather than herb extractions. This way, you can ensure you receive the maximum amount of benefits from the plant.
Fulvic acid supplement is often found in a black liquid or powder form. Look for 99%+ purity to get the maximum benefit of fulvic acid. Our AEON fulvic acid comes in handy single serve stick packs that mixes instantly in your favorite beverage and has no inherent flavor so it will not affect the taste.